If you’re aiming for a cost-effective future and want to join hands for long-term sustainability, you’ve come to the right place!
Australia receives 58 million PJ of solar radiation on average each year, which is around 10,000 times its entire energy usage. Thus, putting you on the road to a smart investment-Commercial Solar panel installation is an excellent idea to explore for your business in Brisbane.
What is a commercial solar panel?
A commercial solar panel is an array of photovoltaic (PV) solar panels that convert sunlight into electricity. Here, the system sites could be as small as a residential system, with 20 or 30 panels, or even as large as many Megawatts in a warehouse or thousands of panels out in the field.
Producing energy from the sun’s beams, unlike fossil fuels, produces no hazardous pollutants, no carbon emissions, and nothing that hurts the environment locally or worldwide. As a result, it is one of the most viable options for clean, renewable energy. It’s also very conceivable that, in the not-too-distant future, we’ll be able to make the process completely green.
How do commercial solar systems work?
Photovoltaic (PV) solar panels are made up of multiple individual solar cells with layers of silicon, phosphorus, and boron organised in a grid-like configuration (utility grid) to form an electric field.
Multiple ‘wafers’ of silicon are connected in series and/or parallel to form a solar array, which can be monocrystalline or polycrystalline.
The energy created by these solar cells is transferred to an inverter, which converts the DC power from the solar panels into AC power, similar to that sent via the utility grid.
Commercial inverters are typically available in power levels ranging from 2.5 kW to 250 kW and are built according to the demands of the commercial application. For instance, to generate more electricity, commercial solar systems install numerous solar panels.
Features of Commercial Solar Panels
- Commercial buildings have enough rooftop or open space for numerous solar panels to be installed for sufficient energy production.
- Energy generated during the day can be stored and harnessed for use at night as well.
- Durable and requires less maintenance.
- A lifespan of about 15-20 years.
- The electricity generated is lifelong free post-installation.
Who is Commercial Solar panels Installation for?
If you are a business owner trying to lower your running expenditures for some enterprises, such as heavy manufacturing or cold storage, commercial solar can help you save money. It can be a major operational cost, but even for those who only have AC, lights, and computers, solar can be beneficial.
We can help you with anything from large-scale commercial installations to small-scale household installations of 20-30 panels.
Furthermore, building owners can lease their roof space to a community solar developer and we will create a project where we pay you an annual or upfront payment for the use of your roof for a specific period of time, and you can take your building and get a little bit extra from the bottom.
Applications of Solar Panel Installation
Industrial facilities in off-grid or remote regions can benefit from commercial solar panels.
Signs and message boards can be illuminated using commercial solar panels mounted on building rooftops. Solar energy charges the battery, allowing the signs to be illuminated at all hours of the day and night.
Commercial solar panels can be used to heat water and pre-heat ventilation air in offices and enterprises.
How much do commercial solar panels cost?
Solar panel cost is mostly determined by the size of the installation. The size of the system is determined by the size of your roof or the amount of electricity used in your business. So, we’ll look at both of those things, as well as the site and the best option for you to go solar.
Our major goal is to optimise any rebates or tax benefits for you so that you can have the most cost-effective solar panel installation and go off the pricey utility electricity as soon as feasible.
Check the cost-effectiveness of any solar system in Brisbane before investing. Various factors influence the cost feasibility of your business, depending on your specific requirements and geography, including:
- Size of Solar Power System
Because of economies of scale, larger solar power systems can cost less per watt than smaller ones.
- Production of Solar Systems
Installing your system in the proper direction and pitch will ensure that you get the best results possible. The overall system output will be influenced by the installation’s location.
- Complexity of the installation
- Ground-mounted systems are more sophisticated installations.
- Working around obstacles like funnels and HVAC equipment, as well as building-coordinated special businesses, might be more expensive.
- Operation and Maintenance (O & M)
Solar-powered systems have minimal operating and maintenance costs compared to conventional power-producing technologies. Expenses could include regular cleaning of solar modules, routine visual inspections and repairs, and the possible replacement of inverters or other components.
Need for Commercial Solar panels Installation in Brisbane
Solar panel installation can aid you in a variety of ways in your business. Some of the key aspects are as follows:
By harnessing the power of the sun with a commercial solar panel installation, you can create electricity at a lower cost than buying it from a utility!
Due to abundant sunshine, strong government support, and skyrocketed conventional electricity prices, Australia has some of the finest payback periods in the world.
In Australia, the normal payback period for a 5kW solar system is around 4 years (in 2018) assuming you consume 50% of the solar you generate, after which the electricity you generate is effectively free.
Other options, such as solar leasing and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), exist in addition to the outright purchase.
With zero upfront costs, your company can benefit from solar power systems.
These setups come with a solid performance guarantee as well.
Going solar means a significant saving in your medium to long-term operational expenditures, as solar panels have a serviceable life of decades.
Ø Sell the power from your plant to your building’s renter or to electricity retailers to make money.
Ø Improve your NABERs/Greenstar rating to increase the value of your building.
Ø Solar subsidies, grants, and tax benefits are available from the government.
· Public relations and social media
· Improve your brand’s credibility by displaying system information, EM launch events, and data monitoring LCD screens in a favourable spot in your building.
· Produce clean and renewable energy for decades.
· Solar panels utilised by Energy Matters partners, such as REC Solar modules, have a low embodied energy of less than 12 months, implying a minimal environmental impact over the entire life cycle.
Phases of Commercial Solar panels Installation
When you first look into the potential of putting in a commercial solar system, the future appears bright. It’s wonderful to consider the energy savings as well as the environmental and social benefits that this clean, renewable resource will bring to your company.
After making the decision to go solar, you’re undoubtedly wondering, “Now what?” Here’s a quick rundown of the solution.
Construction will follow the four core steps mentioned below, irrespective of whatever sort of solar power solution you choose:
1. Due Diligence
To ensure a smooth building process, every commercial solar installation project involves preparation ahead of time. This due diligence can involve the following:
· Whether it’s a structural examination of a structure or in-depth topographical and geological studies of a planned worksite, the physical evaluation of the proposed site is crucial.
· To confirm your right to build, a lawyer will examine title reports and other documents.
· Identifying where your new system will connect to the electricity grid once it’s finished.
2. Solar Panel Engineering and Commercial Design
· Conceptual ideas and first plans are codified in the second phase.
· Early design drawings illustrate where your business’s solar panels will be installed and aid in determining what will happen once construction begins.
· Permit Drawings, which are used to secure various construction permissions, might be expected to be reviewed.
· You’ll also go through Construction Drawings near the end of this phase, which are the blueprints for all the commercial solar installation work to come.
3. Solar Panel System Installation and Commissioning
· Construction can take as little as 5 weeks for simple installations and as much as 12 weeks or longer for more sophisticated projects, depending on the type of project.
· During construction, expect some disruptions to your organization’s everyday operations.
· For example, you may need to find alternative parking or plan for power outages. With a well-thought-out project strategy, these hassles can be reduced.
4. Solar Panel Maintenance and Operation (O&M)
· A properly maintained and serviced commercial solar installation can provide decades of clean, dependable energy—and it all starts the moment your new solar system is turned on.
· This final phase kicks off the decisions mentioned in your original contract, which define your organization’s future involvement in O&M.
· From basic annual inspections and monthly performance reports to the gold standard of O&M: a performance guarantee – solar your equipment supplier will most likely offer a wide range of services.
“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that.” – Thomas Alva Edison (1931).
In 2016-17, solar PV generated 3.1% of Australia’s electricity, with small-scale rooftop PV accounting for the majority.
More than two million Australian houses, or 21%, rooftop currently have solar PV, with a total capacity of more than 10 GW (for live solar PV data, visit the Australian PV Institute’s Live Map). Solar panel installations are increasing, and APVI’s SunSpoT online tool reveals the rising potential on Australia’s remaining rooftops.
While fossil fuels (coal, oil, and, to a lesser extent, gas) will continue to dominate the energy mix, renewable energy sources are predicted to grow in significance.
Solar energy resources are mostly untapped due to current technological immaturity. But, with technological developments, Australia’s energy consumption patterns are anticipated to change substantially by 2030, according to the Australian Energy Resource Assessment.
This demonstrates that, as Thomas Edison stated, we are on our way to confronting boundless our power for the future.
How can GORUN SOLAR help?
We can join hands with you on this journey, assist you, and guide you down the road that is best for you while installing solar power systems and saving cost. We offer you our trust and assurance.Contact us at 1300 856 678 (mail id) email@example.com You can choose us to become your best partner in business…